A Voyage round the world: In the years MDCCXL, I, II, III, IV (1748)
Editorial: John and Paul Knapton
Lugar de publicación: Chile
Unidad: Filosofía y Humanidades
Tabla de contenidos:
- A list of subscribers
- Book I
- Chap I. Of the equipment of squadron: the incidents relating thereto, from its first appointment to its setting sail from St. Helens.
- Chap II. The passage from St. Helens to the island of Madera, with a short account of that island, and of our stay there.
- Chap III. The history of the squadron commanded by Don Joseph Pizarro.
- Chap IV. From Madera to St. Catherines.
- Chap V. Proceedings at St Catherines, and a description of the place, with a short account of Brazil.
- Chap VI. The run from St. Catherines to port St. Julian, with some account of that port, and of the country to the southward of the river of plate.
- Chap VII. Departure from the bay of St. Julian, and the passage from thence to Streights Le Maire.
- Chap VIII. From Streights Le Maire to Cape Noir.
- Chap IX. Observations and directions for facilitating the passage of our future cruisers round Cape Horn.
- Chap X. Cape Noir to the island of Juan Fernandes.
- Book II
- Chap I. The arrival of the Centurion at the island of Juan Fernandes, with a description of that island.
- Chap II. The arrival of the Gloucefter and the Anna Pink at the island of Juan Fernandes, and the transactions at that place during this interval.
- Chap III. A short narrative of what besel the Anna Pink before she joined us, with an account of the loss of the Wager, and of the putting back of the Severn and Pearl, the two remaining ship of the squadron.
- Chap IV. Conclusion of our proccedings at Juan Fernandes, from the arrival of the Anna Pink, to our final departure from thence.
- Chap V. Our cruise from the time of our leaving Juean Fernandes, to the taking the town of Paita.
- Chap VI. The taking of Paita, and our proceedings till we left the coast of Peru.
- Chap VII. From our departure from Paita, to our arrival at Quibo.
- Chap VIII. Our proceedings at Quibo, with an account of the place.
- Chap IX. From Quibo to the coast of Mexico.
- Chap X. An account of the commerce carried on between the city Manila an the island of Luconia, and the port of Acapulco on the coast of Mexico.
- Chap XI. Our cruise off the port of Acapulco for the Manila ship.
- Chap XII. Description of the harbour of Chequetan, and of the adjacent coast and country.
- Chap XIII. Our procedings at Chequetan and on the adjacent coast, till our setting sail for Asia.
- Chap XIV. A brief account of what might have been expected from our squadron, had it arrived in the Sout-Seas in good time.
- Book III
- Chap I. The run from the coast of Mexico to the Ladrones or Marian islands.
- Chap II. Our arrival at Tinian, and an account of the island, and of our proceedings there, till the Centurion drove out to sea.
- Chap III. Transactions at Tinian after the departure of the Centurion.
- Chap IV. Proceedings on board the Centurion, when driven out to sea.
- Chap V. Employment at Tinian, till the final departure of the Centurion from thence; with a description of the Ladrones.
- Chap VI. From Tinian to Macao.
- Chap VII. Proceedings at Macao.
- Cap VIII. From Macao to Cape Espiritu Santo: the taking of the Manila galeon, and returning back again.
- Chap IX. Transactions in the river of Canton.
- Chap X. Proceedings at the city of Canton, and the return of the Centurion to England.